My first pilates class I hated - that was when I was 20 years old and didn't understand why it was slow and everything was repeated each week. A few years later I was a studio co-ordinator and attended pilates classes which I enjoyed and began to understand the imporance of how the moves worked. After each class I felt slightly wonkey as I was a little more aware of my posture!
About a decade later I was working with more and more people that I needed to regress their exercises and help them build a strong core before progressing. I wanted to learnt to teach pilates but I wasn't one of those flexible types.....but then I decided to learn to teach pilates & I feel in love with it. If you do pilates correctly it is not easy but rather challenging to ensure that you use the 6 principles of Joseph Pilates. These are concentration, control, centring, flow, precision, and breathing.
Do you want to?
1) Strengthen your core to reduce back/hip pain and improve pelvic floor function?
2) Relieve pain caused by bad posture.
3) Learn pilates in a safe small class and work at your own level?
The classes are 60 minutes long. Class numbers are limited to 8 to allow for individual correction & social distancing. To guartentee your space joining the 6week course is recommended and you receive priorty on rebooking.
- Focus on core strengthening back, abdominals
and pelvic muscles.
- Tones whole body & flattens tummy.
- Reduces stress by promoting deep breathing
which increase and relaxation.